We think we offer the best HSA for small business anywhere in Canada
My name is Ryan and I am the Founder and President of EasyHSA. We created EasyHSA with one goal in mind: to deliver the best HSA for small business anywhere in Canada. To us, that means an HSA that is affordable for all employers, and that covers the unique everyday health and dental needs of all their employees. Health benefits should no longer reward and protect only those working in public service or for large corporations.
Our mission is to make employee health benefit plans accessible to all employees in Canada by making HSAs accessible to all employers.
Our motivation is a reaction to our own disappointing past experiences sponsoring HSA plans, managing traditional health insurance claims for large national companies, and receiving HSA and traditional employee health insurance benefits as employees. It seems to us that most employee health benefit plans are unfairly tilted towards enriching the shareholders of the corporations offering them. In other words, employers pay too much for their plans, and employees get too little (or in the case of many small businesses, nothing at all). Compare HSA providers.
We believe the best HSA for small business is:
- Affordable – Many small businesses believe they cannot afford an employee health benefit plan. We have optimized our costs and margins to deliver the least expensive HSA benefit plan possible. You get the exact same Health Spending Account you can get elsewhere (100% coverage of the broadest range of health and dental expenses) but delivered as cost-effectively as possible.
- Rock-solid – Many small businesses do not have the knowledge or time to ensure that their plan adheres to all applicable tax rules. We do, and since we are not profit-driven, we take a very conservative approach with our plan structure. We also take the strongest steps to protect the privacy of your business and your employees by only collecting and storing the bare minimum of information (and using strong password and offline servers to protect it). We do not share any information with third parties.
- Easy – Many small businesses do not have the time to wade through plan details, nor do they want to lock into annual contracts. Our sign up is quick and easy, with no tiered pricing, hidden fees, upselling, dealing with salespeople, or restrictive contracts. Try us out and quit anytime you want.
How can our HSA be so affordable?
We get this question a lot. The answer is simple: we designed EasyHSA to run as cost effectively as possible, and in turn, pass our savings on to our customers. This means that more customers can afford to sign up, and in turn, can offer more employees greater benefits. A win-win-win.
(Here's our not-so-secret receipe for cost savings):
- Reduced overhead – No brick-and-mortar office or call center, no commission sales or affiliate programs, and we do not report to shareholders who are not also employees.
- Technology – We rely on custom software to automate where possible.
- Simplification – We only focus on what small businesses actually need (which is what we do best).
Where are we located?
Are online companies more risky?
When was the last time you lodged a complaint with a supplier in-person? Businesses without a physical head office are no less accountable for their actions. At EasyHSA we do even more to reduce your risk: we hold no money on deposit, charge no sign-up, termination or annual fees, and we use a clearly written contract that does not lock you in. You are free to try us out and quit when you want, penalty-free.
Let's be serious, this isn't rocket science.
I should know. During my graduate studies at the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering at U of T, I knew Aerospace Engineers who did some impressive things. We don’t do anything impressive at EasyHSA (although we are working on machine learning algorithms for error/fraud detection), but we do solve an important problem for small businesses. In doing so, we hope to contribute to making health benefits ubiquitous for all working Canadians.
Ryan Davey, PhD
Ryan Davey, PhD